Originally introduced to our practice by Dr. John J. Shank, we are proud to be the first Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery practice in Fort Wayne, Indiana and surrounding areas to use the in-office i-CAT Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System. We have been using the system since January of 2008. We provide this service within our single and only location, conveniently streamlining patient care. i-CAT provides high resolution, in-office, three-dimensional views of critical dental anatomy and facial structures at a reduced cost and less radiation to the patient than traditional hospital CT scans.
Dr. Lugakingira has special interest in and has completed extensive training in all aspects of oral surgery. He utilizes i-CAT for precision and accuracy for most of the procedures that he performs. Within a few minutes of acquisition, he prefers to directly go over the scan with each individual patient and come up with a plan tailored towards your needs. He also directly communicates with your dentist or orthodontist and provides copies of the actual imaging plan to them, ensuring expected final results. He utilizes the i-CAT for all of the following procedures:
- Dental Implants (Planning and Placement by us, and predictable restoration by your dentist)
- Orthognathic (Corrective Jaw) Surgery - CT Guided Virtual Surgical Planning
- Reveal Restricted Airways
- Bone Grafting and Jaw Reconstruction
- Benign Pathology Resection and Reconstruction
- Create Surgical Guides and Splints for precise outcomes
- Expose Sinus Abnormalities
- Removal of Wisdom Teeth that are critically located within proximity of the nerve
- Some TMJ/TMD Dysfunction Therapy
We are committed to providing our patients with the highest standard of oral surgery care available. We proudly provide oral care for everyone, from children to senior citizens.